At the start of 2020, we had an eye to share our varying points of view — as business consultants, as marketers, as technologists — around the issues we see day in and day out at GALE, and how we respond to keep brands agile, smart and relevant. We covered everything from leading authentically through crisis to the election’s impact on media planning and the different stages of CX marketing in a pandemic holiday season.
Below, we rounded up our top five most popular posts — here’s a look at what readers enjoyed reading most this year on GALE Ideas:
1. How Brands Should Be Communicating in the New Normal: As the pandemic surged, readers came to GALE for insights on how they should be marketing (or not) during a sensitive time.
2. Business Insider Names Adrian Haldenby to Rising Stars List: People love good news! We were proud to share that Adrian, our director of data science, was named to Business Insider’s Rising Stars of Madison Avenue list of up-and-coming talent who are revolutionizing advertising in 2020.
3. Addressable Marketing 101: An Intro to Smart Communications: In April, we got back to basics and outlined key considerations for setting up a thoughtful addressable marketing program.
4. GALE Unveils Reopening Attitudes Report: Key Findings: As lockdowns lifted around the country, we released the findings of our study that gauged consumer sentiments around reopening plans in the wake of COVID-19.
5. The News, Explained: Google to Eliminate Third-Party Cookies, Pt. 1: When Google announced it would phase out support for third-party cookies in its Chrome browser within two years, readers came to GALE for our series breakdown of what it all means — and its impact on advertising and marketing.
Thanks for reading and we hope to see you back in 2021!