Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
List 3 words to describe your role at GALE:
“Enabling scale”. I guess you can keep that third word.
What is the best piece of advice you ever received?
“Talent is overrated. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act but a habit.” It is a perspective that I picked up from a book by Geoff Colvin ~15 years ago that has continued to resonate with me.
What is one of your hobbies?
Currently, I dedicate a significant amount of personal time to running – I’m training for the New York Marathon in November. If you want to support my run please donate here: https://www.crowdrise.com/o/en/campaign/afsp2019/marcparillo
How have you grown since joining GALE?
After spending the formative years of my late 20s at GALE, I’ve been lucky enough to have…
- Been promoted from a Strategy Senior Consultant, to Manager, to Senior Manager and now Chief of Staff
- Travelled around the world working with interesting clients on challenging problems
- Recruited several outstanding friends to join the GALE squad
- Worked alongside amazing people, across many disciplines and watched them grow as well
- Collected lots of money from all of my colleagues by winning several office sports pools
- Moved with my wife from Toronto to New York City
I am so grateful for the experiences I’ve had and believe GALE is a platform that will continue to enable professional growth appropriate to the energy we invest into our own development
If you had a side hustle what would it be?
Monetizing my daily “What’s for dinner?” Instagram stories that are viewed by my 73 followers